M/I Financial is part of the M/I Homes family. We help our homebuyers by providing a robust product set, competitive pricing, and world class customer service. The position works under the guidance of the SVP of Capital Markets and Risk Management of M/I Financial. This position has responsibility and accountability for managing the pricing, locking, pipeline management, and hedging functions of the Secondary Marketing department. In conjunction with subordinates, responsible for daily reporting, analysis, and trading of the mortgage pipeline. Works closely with the Underwriting, Warehouse and Post Closing departments to ensure loans meet secondary market requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly supervises trains, and mentors the secondary marketing staff.
- Actively watches financial markets and economic conditions and makes recommendations to senior management for hedging alternatives.
- Keep informed of current marked trends in mortgage lending and market factors affecting mortgage lending and secondary market sales.
- Responsible for the execution of securities trading with Wall Street firms
- Conducts detailed analysis of mortgage delivery options, presents best execution guidance to executive management, and directs loan sale activities.
- Must be familiar with financial accounting guidelines as they relate to derivatives to prepare mark-to-market reports and profit/loss projections.
- Works closely with the SVP to negotiate favorable delivery contracts with secondary market investors.
- Trains and develops secondary marketing personnel.
- Assist with special projects as requested and perform additional duties as required.