The American Meat Science Association (AMSA) is seeking applicants to fill the position of Membership Services and Marketing Manager. The AMSA is an individual membership organization of more than 2,100 professional and student meat scientists representing academic, government, meat processing companies and allied industries and association in the United States and internationally. Its members conduct basic and applied research and lead education programs in muscle growth and development, meat quality, food safety, processing technology, consumer product evaluation and market assessments and provide numerous support functions that are relevant to the entire meat and poultry industry.
This position is charged with managing member services to ensure their expectations are met or exceeded by providing them extraordinary service. The position will also have the primary responsibility for creating promotional and marketing materials for AMSA including web content, meeting information, and newsletter outreach.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage AMSA membership needs including AMSA’s Sustaining Partners
- First point of contact for queries from members
- Ensure timely responses and appropriate resolution of member requests
- Assist the CEO in communications with sustaining partners as directed
- Create and manage all metrics associated with AMSA membership participation for regular reporting to staff and board members.
- Develop and distribute membership communication pieces for AMSA including the AMSA weekly newsletter, AMSA press releases, member notices etc.
- Develop and manage membership recruitment efforts.
- Manage, and implement AMSA’s marketing strategy and plan
- Promote AMSA’s brand
- Implement and maintain website design and operation including content revisions and website updates.
- Assist with promotion and marketing communications of all AMSA activities
- Manage all social media – development and management of AMSA’s Twitter feed, Facebook page, and any other social media
- Staff contact for AMSA web site and membership committees
- Management of budgets as required
- Manage the AMSA database
- Develop and /or manage AMSA projects, workshops and other ad-hoc events
- Facilitate AMSA presence at trade shows
- To keep abreast of latest developments that affect meat scientists and ensure own professional development
- Some general administrative tasks, including management of receivables/payables, recordkeeping and board note taking/minutes
- Bachelor's Degree in Agriculture Business, Communication, Marketing, or related field with demonstrable experience working with customers.
- Customer focused with a drive to make the membership experience the best it can be always exemplifying a professional and positive demeanor.
- Working knowledge of computers and relevant programs in a windows environment to include but not limited to Power Point, Excel, Word, as well as the ability to learn additional programs.
- Demonstrate excellent oral presentation and written communication skills with proven accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent work ethic and the ability to function as part of a team.
- A passion to work in the meat and livestock industry.
Other duties as reasonably required.
- Expected to support and provide cross functionality with all staff and across AMSA programs from meat judging activities to attending meetings on behalf of AMSA.
- Resume including references
- Cover Letter
- Up to three writing and/or creative pieces are encouraged
- Deadline to apply is July 10, 2019
- All application materials must be submitted online at: http://careers.meatscience.org
Telecommuting is allowed.
About American Meat Science Association
The American Meat Science Association is the professional scientific society for individuals who create and apply science to efficiently provide safe and high quality meat. Headquartered in Champaign, Illinois, AMSA fosters communication and collaboration among its global membership. Key programs include the Reciprocal Meat Conference, Meat Judging and other student education initiatives, and publications.